CBM NEW ZEALAND VACANCIES
Director of Finance and Operations - cbm New Zealand
- Join a dynamic team on a global mission
- Provide leadership and direction.
- Permanent part time role: 30 hours per week (negotiable)
cbm (Christian Blind Mission International) is an international development organisation with a key focus on persons living with disabilities and poverty overseas.
We envision an inclusive world where all persons with disabilities enjoy their human rights and achieve their full potential. We seek to achieve this by raising funds and awareness and undertaking quality international programmes – from cataract and fistula surgery through to disability-inclusive organic farming and responding to natural disasters.
Each year the global cbm family impacts over 55 million people to prevent blindness and diseases. We treat over 8 million people with medical conditions, and provide education and assistive devices to over 1 million people.
It’s a deeply compelling mission, and we are proud of how our small NZ team contributes.
- cbm New Zealand is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from those with disabilities.
- cbm operates from a Christian kaupapa.
Reporting to the CEO, you'll be part of the Senior Management Team, leading a small and dedicated finance and operations team and overseeing all financial / management accounting, data management and analysis and operational and administrative functions for cbm. This is a key role, ensuring cbm delivers on the value of being good stewards of our resources
Reports to: CEO
Direct reports: 3
Location: Rosedale (Albany), Auckland
Hours: 30 hours per week (negotiable). Weekly spread of hours negotiable.
- Preparation of financial reports, annual accounts, and budgets.
- Management of income and expenditure; financial transactions; payment of accounts; bank reconciliations; and wage and salary payments
- Management of financial reporting for International Programmes
- Processing of financial data (MYOB)
- Liaison with international office on financial matters as required
Management Accounting and Analysis
- Manage models for campaign performance analysis
- Provide input and reporting to the campaign planning and decision making process;
- Contribute to Donor Lifecycle Management by providing analysis and insight into donor behaviour.
Facilities, Technology, and Supplier Management
- Oversee IT platform to ensure it is configured to deliver to the needs of users, provides a secure environment for donor data is reliable and cost effective.
- Ensure the office facilities are maintained in line with health & safety legislation and deliver a positive working environment.
- Manage supplier contracts to deliver on performance targets and ensure cost effective delivery of services.
Leadership and People Management
- Manage finance and operations staff to deliver on agreed outcomes and positively contribute to the performance of the wider team
- Participate as a member of the Senior Leadership Team providing input to all aspects of the management of cbm-NZ.
- Provide oversight of management of current projects being implemented ensuring delivery, accountability and cost containment.
Person Specification: Knowledge and Experience
- 5+ years experience in senior management in a similar role
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Excellent project management and problem solving skills, with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Professional and team-oriented, with staff management experience.
- Ability to assertively communicate and advise on financial matters, with a high level of understanding of reporting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the preparation of presentations, correspondence, and reports.
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Experience managing supplier relationships.
- Understanding of, and interest in, the not-for-profit sector.
- Experience of Raisers Edge software an advantage (or exposure to a complex CRM application).
- Ability to work within a Christian framework and be sensitive to its various expressions across cultures and denominations
The closing date for this role is Mon 29th April 2019
Learn about working for cbm international and browse the current vacancies within the organisation.